EDIT: Matt Miller just tweeted this!: Anyone know how to get in touch with Jason King or @SeansOutpost? We want to run a segment tomorrow, collecting #bitcoin for the cause
If you haven't heard, I "stole" a bit of bitcoin from Matt Miller's gift bitcoin certificate when a co-host on the segment he was on, ironically called "Street Smart", showed the private key of his bitcoin paper wallet. I took it because I knew that if I didn't someone else would. I let Matt know that I would return the amount to a new address but he just let me keep it and congratulated me for a job well done.
I still wanted to send it back on live tv to show how fast Bitcoin is and to have a chance for others to send Bitcoin to a public key that Matt would then send to Seans Outpost. I don't think Matt will be doing this on national tv so I decided to just send the amount to Seans Outpost myself.
Would have been nice to show not only the speed of bitcoin transactions on live national tv but also the generosity of the Bitcoin community. Nevertheless, I do applaud Matt for explaining the need for security when dealing with bitcoin private keys and acknowledging that I said I would send the money back, even if the news articles are portraying me as a "thief", "hacker" and "mugger". Let's hope they update their articles to include the donation to Seans Outpost!
Submitted December 23, 2013 at 08:06PM by milkywaymasta
No comments:
Post a Comment