Everyone got everyone else pretty nice gifts, bout 20-30$ each gift so nothing pricy. Then a certain brother decided to walk around handing everyone paper wallets...
It's seriously embarrassing, I was the only one in the room who was familiar with bitcoin and I wish I could have recorded the disaster as everyone got annoyed at him trying to explain bitcoin and how to redeem their money. Her uncle said it best "it's like he's walking around handing bibles".
I had warned people on this subreddit that wallets on their own is NOT a good gift and it's embarrassing but I never imagined I'd have to sit thru something like this.
Lets sum up something's:
bitcoin is still a massive hassle to use, it's not easy to redeem the money and having to send my picture ID etc to an exchange to withdraw 20$ is not worth the time.
It's a selfish gift to give when you're only thinking of yourself and pushing you're beliefs about crypto currencies. Seriously, no one wants to hear that shit. It's Christmas, give me my stupid tie and I'll be happy but don't lecture me on the future of money and try to hassle me into spending a long ass time just to learn how to get my 20$.
Anyone else who did this is a huge douchebag, no seriously. You're just a dick.
Merry Christmas
Submitted December 25, 2013 at 11:10PM by Moh7
No comments:
Post a Comment