Monday, December 9, 2013

My bank has frozen my account because I sent money to Bitstamp

Click Here To Go To This Conversation On Reddit



Barclays Bank, for the record, and I'm about to call them and spend half an hour pressing the right numbers to speak to the right person and answer security questions.


I am so fucking ready for bitcoin to take over, it's not even funny. I for one welcome our nanny-less currency and look forward to the day when no-one is watching my every expenditure.


EDIT: to further clarify; I made several BTC purchases to localbitcoins and bitstamp and now it's not clear what's triggered the account freeze, as they're being really vague about it. The first call I made to them I had to clarify that I OK'd the payments to bitstamp and localbitcoins, and now they're just telling me that 'fraud department' was concerned about some of my payments. Not sure what to make of this but it's definitely bitcoin purchasing setting it off.


EDIT 2: Apparently it should work once I've re-set-up my internet banking again (going to have to find a PINsentry... sigh) but that's what they said 3 days ago as well, so only time will tell I guess.








Submitted December 09, 2013 at 09:45AM by Apollo_Moonwalker

No comments:

Post a Comment