Tuesday, December 17, 2013

The biggest television channel in Belgium wants to do a Bitcoin documentary and they just rang me

Click Here To Go To This Conversation On Reddit



I got a call last week from pizza.be since I've been ordering sushi and pizza there pretty much every week since they announced that they are taking bitcoin.


Turns out 'Telefacts' - one of the most well known "documentary" programs on Belgium's biggest television channel (VTM) - is planning a documentary on bitcoin and pizza.be was asking if they could share my details with them. I was very excited since I've been following bitcoin very closely for the last couple of months.


I just got off the phone with the guy who is working on the documentary and when I told him I'd rather not tell him how much bitcoins I own right now, I couldn't be of any help to him on the show, since "people are mainly interested in the past and future gains that are to be made with bitcoin". I tried telling him there is much more to bitcoin than the price, managed to point him to coinmap.org if he was looking for more people to interview, but I'm afraid that this documentary will turn out to be one big sensationalist piece.


So, I immediately sent the partly state-owned television channel "VRT" an e-mail, explaining to them how shitty I am expecting the VTM documentary to be, and told them I would be happy to help them if they were to make their own documentary with a bit more substance. Here's to hoping they are interested!








Submitted December 17, 2013 at 04:52PM by mordhau

No comments:

Post a Comment